Puerta de la Mina c16th century
Canvas Size: 297mm x 420mm
Material: 300g Paper
Puerta de la Mina ( Gate of the Mine ) has long since disappeared, although the original covered entrance still exists, in part, under the present stepped walkway which leads down into the gorge.
Originally this entrance was built as a way of accessing the river, whilst protected, if the city found itself under siege, it was also used, by the lucky few, to flee the city as it was taken by the Catholic Monarchs in 1482.